Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Are Farmers Markets Threatened?


"There is No Right to Consume or Feed Children Any Particular Food, There is No Generalized Right to Bodily and Physical Health, There is No Fundamental Right to Freedom of Contract."


~US Dept of Health And Human Services and US Food And Drug Administration

 
The comment above was made in regards to gardeners and farmers selling in local Farmer`s Markets. Don`t get me started on the Raw Milk issue! Sheesh.
 
We have home gardens. Mostly tomatoes, squash and melons. If Monsanto and ConAgra have their way, they will control seed. Think GMO. We raise healthy organic foods. I`d like to keep it that way.
Till later,
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments, so don`t be shy.

Vintage Sewing Machines

 I start this post with a picture of a lion that daily crosses through my son`s property. Beautiful ! This is near Prescott.