Friday, December 31, 2010

A Year Passed. A New Year To Grow

Good Morning! Three inches of snow fell Wednesday night and part of Thursday. The temp is about 20 F or maybe slightly below. My laundry froze a few minutes after being hung on the line. The ground and snow is frozen this morning, I`m sure by tomorrow afternoon all will be melted. This is typical weather in high desert. Twenty years ago it was 11 below freezing for two days. Now that is something to talk about. We were living in a tent camper at the time and it was pretty frosty! My son slept with with our Samoyed and several blankets. A few cats snuggled under the covers in our bed. Sort of a mutual warming . The Coleman stove provided  heat as I made coffee and  hearty breakfasts. We bought one of those folding camping ovens that  sit on a burner on the stove top and I can tell you that was one of the best investments we made. It was a heat source while I baked  some of the best bread and muffins. Even in hard times we were blessed with much.
It`s New Year`s Eve. I`m glad to see this year end. We never worried about losing our home. We built it room by room years ago as we earned money to continue building. Always had food on the table, paid our bills which was a little tough some times. I give every day to God and thank Him every day for his blessings. This year I want to see shorter or no lines at the Food Banks. I want people to remember most folks on food stamps or Medicaid are not deadbeats. They are trying to feed their children and keep them healthy.

Tonight`s the night. Happy New Year, stay safe and warm.God bless you.
Cathy

1 comment:

  1. All of our snow melted yesterday - it looks like spring....but we know better! Thanks for stopping over to say hello...we love to hear from you Catherine ~ we'll also join you in thanking God for all he has done!
    Wishing you all the best for 2011!!
    Karla & Karrie

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, so don`t be shy.

Vintage Sewing Machines

 I start this post with a picture of a lion that daily crosses through my son`s property. Beautiful ! This is near Prescott.