Friday, November 30, 2012

Books For Women By Women


Do you like to read? I sure do but I often put reading aside. You know, the no time excuse. Most time that`s true. I used to be an avid reader. Well for the whole month of December I`m going to make time and meet new authors at Sew We Quilt, the wonderful blog belonging to Madam Samm! I seldom take time for little old me, so maybe not every day, but most days in December I`m going have fun and relax a little thanks to Madam. Come on by and check it out. Visit Sew We Quilt to read all about it.


Aren`t the Joshua Trees beautiful covered in snow? I took this picture from my upstairs bedroom window a few years ago. As I recall it was early morning. We are fortunate to be surrounded by BLM land. The last few weeks have been hectic. Thanksgiving was great. Peaceful, warm weather, good food. The weekend before, friends from Las Vegas invited us to their Meadview home to celebrate an early Thanksgiving. More good food. Another hubby cooking and he makes great desserts! We were fortunate to be able to share this holiday with good friends. We couldn`t share the day with my son and DIL. His back won`t hold up to the 5 hour drive and his sweet wife works long hours and does her college work in the evenings. She needed rest!

A final word. We were grocery shopping a few days ago, loading our car when a woman approached us asking for gas money. I have seen  many parking lot gas scams over the years but we gave her a few dollars. My husband and I would rather give the money because sometimes you just never know when a person is really in need.  I watched as she ran across the parking lot asking for cash from other people. We finally were ready to go. I looked for her car as we drove by. Washington liscense plates on an old car packed to the max with precious possessions. There was another woman sitting at the steering wheel. I do believe these women were homeless and stranded. For just a few dollars we could have bought them lunch. I regret not doing that. There will be a next time.

Best wishes to all.

Cathy in AZ

7 comments:

  1. I'll be sure to check out Sew We Quilt as it sounds interesting.

    Your story about the two women made me think...we can make a small difference in others' lives and glad you did.

    Pats on your dog's head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy! And pats for your puppy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, you be careful with this. Some folks just dont plan well.. or their running from something like the law.. A lady knocked on my door the other night, my hubby was home and was shocked, he was waiting for me to get home and the garage door was open, thats why she stopped and wanted a ride.. Weird, ps.. I dont live in the slums, its in the suburbs.. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are cautious. I kept watching her and around her as my husband took the money from his wallet. You just don`t know. In Arizona it`s okay to carry a concealed weapon without a permit. Lots of guns here. You don`t know who is carrying. We are always extra careful. Thank you for the good advice. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, that link to Sew We Quilt is not working...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy, I fixed the link. Great Giveaways there too.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, so don`t be shy.

Vintage Sewing Machines

 I start this post with a picture of a lion that daily crosses through my son`s property. Beautiful ! This is near Prescott.