Saturday, April 28, 2018

South Cove, Lake Mead Arizona

Hello to my Followers and new visitors.

I`ve returned after a very long time away. My home is still the Mohave Desert in Northwest Arizona. A beautiful setting with hawks, eagles, bobcat, wild horses, antelope, lizards, perfectly nice snakes and rattlesnakes. This is a post about Lake Mead and our National Park Service Recreation Area.

The picture below is the boat launch ramp at  South Cove near the town of Meadview.


 The scenery is beautiful. The lake was calm.  A friend and I wanted a little peace and beauty. This was the perfect spot!


Lots of catfish and trout.



A neighbor`s cactus garden just starting to bloom.


Beavertail Cactus in my yard.

The plant is called Beavertail because of the shape of the pads.
Rabbits love to eat the flowers. Glad they haven`t found this yet.

That`s all for today.

Thank you for stopping by.
Cate

5 comments:

  1. So glad to see your post Cate, you live in a beautiful part of our country! Hope you are having a great day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I am having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of you as I drove from the Grand Canyon to Las Vegas. The beavertail was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness...you are back!!! and back with Arizona love....nice to see a post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to see your comment! It feels good to be back. Will be dusting off the air conditioner today. Hoping for a cooler summer with less humidity. Not used to humidity!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, so don`t be shy.

Vintage Sewing Machines

 I start this post with a picture of a lion that daily crosses through my son`s property. Beautiful ! This is near Prescott.