Thursday, October 20, 2011

Johnson Brother`s Tulip Time. A Vintage China Bonanza!

I visited the thrift shops yesterday after grocery shopping and was delighted to find four Johnson Brother`s Tulip Time square cereal bowls, 6 1/4". They are in excellent condition. No chips, cracks or crazing. No wear at all. At $2.00 each that`s an unbelievable price. The five pieces of Federal Heat Proof Glass was $4.50. The pattern is common but no idea on the pattern name. No matter what the site, the glass is known as White With Brown Flowers. Federal prices have tanked due to the ever increasing popularity of Fire King. There`s no wear on the smaller 1 cup bowls and two tiny scratches in the bottom of the larger 8" dish.




I found a wonderful website, Bustle and Sew. Helen, the website owner also has a fabulous blog, a free newsletter and a magazine with free patterns and lots of good sewing tips and information. All in glorious color. I can vouch for the newsletter and magazine. Both great. There are links in my sidebar if you`d like to have a peek at or buy Helen`s book, The Stitcher`s Companion and a link to purchase six month bundles of her magazine. I am a subscriber to both the newsletter and the magazine. Very enjoyable reads and I get fresh ideas all the time.

That`s about it for today. I `m doing yard work  while the weather is cool. And cleaning the dog run. The tomato plants are done. Too cold now at night. I keep my houseplants on the porch till we get close to a freeze.  The desert plants are blooming again. Fall is our second spring.

Take care everyone.
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments, so don`t be shy.

Vintage Sewing Machines

 I start this post with a picture of a lion that daily crosses through my son`s property. Beautiful ! This is near Prescott.