Sunday, October 16, 2011

Christmas Apron, A Sun Loving Snake, Lake Mead Pictures

Hello this beautiful Sunday morning! I celebrated my birthday early, visiting the thrift stores in town yesterday. I found this beautiful vintage Christmas apron. The trees are red with silver sequins sewn among the cross stitches. It is in excellent condition, made with vintage cotton gingham. Well worth the mere $1.00 I paid.



If you look closely at the top right of my lilac bush in the picture below you will see a snake warming in the morning sun. The night was cool and this smart guy slithered to the of bush to catch a few rays. That`s his tail end  atop the bush.


Next, a few new pictures of Lake Mead. A view from the Overlook on the Arizona side near Meadview AZ. .Snow melt raised the lake several feet keeping boaters very happy. To learn a little local history go here.




I hope you all have a wonderful Autumn weekend!

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments, so don`t be shy.

Vintage Sewing Machines

 I start this post with a picture of a lion that daily crosses through my son`s property. Beautiful ! This is near Prescott.