Friday, July 16, 2010

Weather, Projects and Whining.

Very hot today, but better than yesterday at 106 with lots of humidity. We haven`t had measurable rain in three months except for 5 minutes a week ago. We put water out for the quail, rabbits and whatever else might come along that needs a drink.

I started a set of quilted placemats, pictures later in the week and I`m adding aprons to Catherine`s Vintage Linens, my little shop. It is hot in the house and my ambition went away with the cool weather. I hope to build up the stock in that store a little every day. I have a few aprons to add that I`m selling as cutters. They are 1950`s embroidered gingham and only have a few teeny tiny holes you can`t see, no stains.

I hope cooler weather finds you and for you folks in the Gulf, lets hope that cap holds on that well.

Till later,
Cathy

2 comments:

  1. I have several aprons that were my Mother's & I actually have a couple of pictures of her wearing them. When I look at them & touch them I am always amazed at the emotions they evoke from me.
    Have a Great Weekend!
    Love,
    MArilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. On holidays my grandmother wore her "dressy" dresses even when she cooked and she had special aprons for those occasions. Nice memories.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, so don`t be shy.

Vintage Sewing Machines

 I start this post with a picture of a lion that daily crosses through my son`s property. Beautiful ! This is near Prescott.