Saturday, January 14, 2012

Crochet Irish Melody Bedspread

I started an Irish crochet bedspread this morning, finishing three hexagons. The pattern is named Irish Melody, first published by the Spool Thread Company in 1939. I`m using Knit-Cro-Sheen thread and a size 7 steel hook. 367 hexagons to go for the full size spread. I`m a huge fan of Irish crochet and I`ve had this pattern book published by Dover Publications, about 15 years. Time to get started don`t you think? I have the time now to relax and enjoy my crochet work.


Picture in the Dover book Crocheting Bedspreads


The next photos show a different type of high desert beauty in the Kingman, Arizona area. A friend purchased this property and my husband took the pics on their recent trip there.

There are small fish in the stream. I think the elevation is about 4,500 feet. Maybe higher.

When you get off the highway this is the road to the acreage.

More of the stream. I was surprised to see all the green plants this time of year.

A nice pool with more fish.

Isn`t that a beautiful sight?. I understand there are deer and javalina in the area too. I love the desert and it`s special places.

That`s about it for today. It`s warm and I`m going to start yardwork. Maybe walk first. Have a great weekend!
Cathy

3 comments:

  1. The Irish crochet hexagon bedspread is a very impressive project, and I am sure you will do a beautiful job on it. Wondering how long you think it will take to complete it...

    The green along the stream assures us that spring is coming, and the shrubs are just biding their time. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy,
    I figure maybe 3 months to complete the bedspread if I work at it often. We`ll see.

    Our rain today smells like spring. Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's best to travel with the cotton choices as cotton is breathable and is additionally smart at keeping you heat in winter and funky in summer.bed sheets


    Choose your color with wisdom.bed sheets online
    the color ought to mix in together with your room style, enhancing the area

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, so don`t be shy.

Vintage Sewing Machines

 I start this post with a picture of a lion that daily crosses through my son`s property. Beautiful ! This is near Prescott.