Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mohave Desert Wildflowers

Hello Everyone. Today I spent the afternoon with my husband while he worked on  the claim and I took pictures of this years spring wildflowers. The high desert is beautiful this time of year. Temperature was about 80 making it a beautiful day.
Bigalow Coreopsis

Hedgehog Cactus

Beavertail / Opuntia

Joshua Trees and Sage

I`ll  have a few more pictures in my next post. I try not to post too much about the flowers. They are here for a short time and add a lot beauty to our area despite the arid environment..

Have a great week!
Cathy

3 comments:

  1. Catherine, I have been amazed when I have seen gorgeous tiny plants surviving under harsh conditions in our desert areas in central australia. Those lovely flowers bring your desert to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty..we have the Coreopsis where we are but are not dry or high enough for the cacti.....love the desert in the spring....its cool here today, and overcast....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! Is the beavertail etible?

    oxo Judy

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, so don`t be shy.

Vintage Sewing Machines

 I start this post with a picture of a lion that daily crosses through my son`s property. Beautiful ! This is near Prescott.