Monday, March 25, 2013

Anniversary Forty One!

Today is our forty first wedding anniversary. How fast time passes. It was a warm spring day at Fort Monmouth, New Jersey. Hubby was Air Force and attending a school there. His commander walked me down the aisle of the little chapel and gave me away. The pastor had just recently returned from Vietnam and we were his first wedding. The best man was a quick replacement for the person who was supposed to be there. It worked out fine. My flower girls were the four year old twin daughter`s of the best man. My bridesmaid was the best! Could not have put things together without her. And she sewed her dress! The next day we were on our way to Maxwell AFB in Alabama and a fishing honeymoon.

.


On the schedule today, lunch at a nice restaurant and a little shopping. I hope the weather in the midwest and east changes quickly so you folks living there can warm up and enjoy spring.

Wishing everyone a great day!

Cathy

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet memory, so who really needs a big wedding anyway? I too am looking for warmer weather. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, your blog is very interesting and beautiful, congratulations. Kisses from Spain.

    http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Anniversary ! ! May you have many, many more ! !
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, so don`t be shy.

Vintage Sewing Machines

 I start this post with a picture of a lion that daily crosses through my son`s property. Beautiful ! This is near Prescott.