Friday, July 30, 2010

A Short History Of The Wedding Handkerchief


I found the most wonderful link about the History Of Wedding Handkerchiefs. I never thought much about it and was very surprised to learn that the wedding hankie tradition was started by the Roman`s. This is an enjoyable read. The link takes you to a Canadian bridal store. I liked the way they presented the history more than other sites I visited.

The picture above is the last wedding hankie in my collection. It has a few minor problems so it will stay with me.

1 comment:

  1. I too have some Vintage Hankies & a couple of them could be Wedding Hankies but I don't know.
    Very interesting!!
    Have a Great Weekend!
    Love,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, so don`t be shy.

Vintage Sewing Machines

 I start this post with a picture of a lion that daily crosses through my son`s property. Beautiful ! This is near Prescott.